Welcome to cooking tips Guide
Wood Stove Cooking Tips Article
. For a permanent link to this article, or to bookmark it for further reading, click here.
You may also listen to this article by using the following controls.
Healthy Chicken Cooking Tips For Poultry Loversfrom: www.CookingSmarter.com
Everyone wants to eat healthy foods today, and a good way to accomplish that is through poultry. There are some chicken cooking tips that will help you in the kitchen and protect your family as well.
Here are a some of the best chicken cooking tips available.
• You must take care to always wash your hands, knife, and cutting board in hot soapy water after preparing raw chicken.
• Never use the same utensils and cutting board for other ingredients without thoroughly washing them before and after use. This will prevent cross contamination.
• You must always marinate poultry in the refrigerator. Never leave it out in the open.
• Never use the poultry marinade for basting.
• If the marinade is to be used for the basis of a sauce, bring it to a boil two minutes.
• Never put cooked chicken on the same plate that was used to transport raw poultry. Again, this prevents cross contamination.
Here are four chicken cooking tips for storing your poultry:
• Fresh poultry is a very perishable food. You should never leave it out in the open air. Instead, wrap it in plastic as soon as you bring it home from the store and always store it in the coldest part of your refrigerator. You should cook it within two days; if this is not possible, put it in a freezer bag and freeze for up to three months. You must always freeze giblets and livers separately from the whole bird.
• Cooked poultry dishes can be frozen. However, you should not freeze poultry dishes that contain mayonnaise or hard-boiled eggs.
• Let small poultry dishes to cool completely before wrapping and freezing them. Allow bigger items to cool in the refrigerator and then wrap airtight and freeze.
• Never freeze stuffed poultry.
A lot of the most important chicken cooking tips involve proper thawing of the bird.
It is very important that the poultry be thoroughly thawed before cooking. Allow it to thaw in the fridge while it is in the original wrapper. You could place it on a tray to catch any drips that may fall as it thaws.
If thawing in the refrigerator is not possible because there isn't enough time, there are two other alternatives. For rapid thawing, you could put the bird in watertight wrapping and then submerge in cold water. You should change the water frequently as this will help speed the process. Smaller birds need about one to two hours.
The other alternative is to leave the bird in its wrapper and place it into a heavy paper grocery bag. Close up the bag and put it into a very cool room. You will have to check it frequently, and once the bird is thawed, you must cook it immediately.
You wil find many more chicken cooking tips on the internet or in most good cook books.
Christine Gray is a recognized authority on the subject of Cooking. Her website Cooking Smarter provides a wealth of information on everything you will need to know about Cooking Tips. All rights reserved. Articles may be reprinted as long as the content and links remains intact and unchanged.
Wood Stove Cooking Tips News
No relevant info was found on this topic.